Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nice Surprises

This weekend brought a few nice surprises. For one, my mom showed up on Saturday morning with this bouquet! I love getting flowers and these were extra special since they were picked from her yard. We spent the day going to garden stores in search of the just the right plants for my apartment. It was a successful shopping day and now the apartment has some good plant life in it.


After the day of shopping, I checked the mail and found this awesome surprise:

Susan and Erin of Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm sent a condolence package with a nice note and some MVFF yarn! I mentioned before how the moths got into my stash and I was most worried about the MVFF yarn and a few other skeins from small farms. It was so nice of them to send these skeins. They definitely helped to cheer me up! If I haven't said so enough before, Susan (and Erin) of Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm is doing amazing things and she deserves as much support as she can get to continue her successful venture. If you haven't checked them out yet, you totally should. Here is a link to the blog and a link to the etsy store. Thank you, Susan and Erin!

On Friday evening, I got to see friends Sally, Mark and Jerri of Stella for Star perform. My camera hates dim lighting so I only got this one barely passable picture. It was fun to see them and the other 3 band members perform.

And, one last picture from the weekend. The Midtown Public Market was home to some "regular" and "big" cabbage this weekend. The "big" one was larger than a basketball!


3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the yarn, Trinity. Unfortunately we are out of the Sage Kid Mohair/Cormo blend you lost but I'll let you know when we have it again.
    So glad to see you're happy in your new home.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to get some yarn love from afar! And thanks again for coming to the gig, beautiful. It meant a lot to see your smiling face in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for coming to our gig! i hope you can make it on sat., too! it felt so good to see you out there in the crowd with all of our good friends. yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...