Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Rocked the New Recipes Resolution

Last night Abby and Jeff joined us for dinner. They make delightful dinner companions with their stories of immortal, narcoleptic innkeepers and semi-formal moo-moos.

Tchazo is trying to hypnotize you with his eyes in this photo.

Our pets got lots of love and playtime.

I totally kicked booty on my new year's resolution this month. My goal is to make 3 new recipes each month. In June, I made 7 new recipes:

Rhubarb Meringue Pie
Shells with Ricotta, Basil and Lemon
Maple Mustard Salad Dressing from The Moosewood Restaurant Cookbook
Strozzapreti with Cheese and Green Peppercorns
Rhubarb Muffins (modified to be Bluebarb Muffins)
Raspberry Walnut Baked Brie
Barley Salad with Dill and Lemon from Entertaining for a Veggie Planet

I also had a second go round with formerly new recipes including Roasted Red Pepper Dip from Veggie Planet and Roasted Tomatillo Tacos from Vegetarian Times.

I'm halfway through the year and still going strong. The farmer's market is starting to ramp up, which usually inspires even more cooking. Yum, yum.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...