Thursday, August 7, 2008

Looking Forward

Minneapolis is underrated, especially amongst the East Coasters. When I say I am moving, people naturally ask me where I am going. My reply sometimes prompts the question, "Is that in Minnesota?". Some people rack their brains to come up with any association they have and come up with things like, "I think my cousin used to live there" or "Aren't the winters cold there?". In defending or educating people about my hometown, I have come up with lots of things that I am looking forward to when I move back. Among these things are:

  • Minnesota Nice
  • Harvest Coop
  • Friends and family and new babies
  • Being able to go "up-north"
  • Houses that average folks like me can someday be able to buy
  • The abundance of greenery and lakes in the city
  • Civilized driving
  • Lots of good off leash dog parks
  • Exploring the new places that have come into existence while we've been in Boston
  • Getting to go back to all of our old favorites spots

6 comments:

  1. I need to make a list of good things in Princeton, to educate other people, but also to remind myself! Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!!! How many times have I said that? Too many?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize harvest coop was a nation wide chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I have had this problem of calling the coop in Cambrige The Wedge when it is really called Harvest. Now that I am going back to shop at The Wedge, I am accidentally calling it Harvest. I just can't get that one right!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...