Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Felted Balls

I mentioned in my last post how tired all of the Christmas events made me and I guess it only really hit me when I got home from work last night and sat down to eat with Paul. I took a few bites of dinner and realized I was too tired to chew. So I went to bed. At 7pm. And I slept until the alarm woke me up at 6:30am this morning. I think I really needed the recovery sleep!

Now that most of the Christmas gifts I made have reached their intended recipients, I can start revealing them here. First off is a gift I made for my sister. I wanted to experiment with felting roving into beads. I know my sister can pull off funky stuff, so I made her a necklace using a combo of felted beads, fishing swivels, glass beads, spacers from a necklace my mom and I took apart, wire and miscellaneous findings.







The clasp features a silver star on each side.



I am not sure if she is going to wear it. She was a little weirded out by the felted balls. Oh well, I had fun making it. In the process I learned that those little suckers aren't easy to make. I think I actually broke a sweat when I was rolling and rolling and rolling them to get them to wet felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...