Monday, September 10, 2012

Grapes. Again.


Yep.  These again. Apparently, I was meant to make jam this year.


Grape jam is incredibly labor intensive.  The grapes have to be cleaned, removed from the vine and sorted into usable and unusable grapes.  Then, each grape has to be separated from its peel.


The recipe that I followed (Blue Chair Jam cookbook's Concord Grape Jam) had me cooking down the grape guts and then reacquainting them with their skins along with sugar, lemon juice, orange juice and orange zest.


The result is delicious!  I think it is so much tastier than grape jelly would have been.  I like the texture that the peels add.


Also, for the record, I made another batch of juice, too.  I have officially drawn the line.  No more grapes.  Until next year, that is!

1 comment:

  1. We like your blog. We just started one ourselves called Mon Ami Belly and it's on Blogger. Pretty cool! I'm liking the jelly recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...