Saturday, November 22, 2014

Too Tight Cloche


I know something new about myself now.  I hate tight hats.  I made this one and it is just a wee bit too snug and it drives me bonkers. Since it is totally finished, I can't bring myself to rip it out.  Plus, I have enough yarn that I could knit myself another one in a bigger size so there is really no need to frog it.  I have already knit this hat too small another time in a totally different yarn.  Maybe it is not meant to be?  Or, maybe I need to realize that the brim always appears bigger than it will actually be.


I like the asymmetrical design and the fun little detail at the front that features a button.  In this case, a selection from my tin of vintage buttons.



If you see me in person and think your head is the right size for this hat, hit me up.  I may offer it up for fittings in hopes of finding it a good home.


For those that like the knitterly details:
The yarn is Knit Picks Simply Cotton Organic Worsted.  The pattern is a free one by Mary Keenan called Double Double Cloche.  Here is my Ravelry project.  Thanks to Paul for taking most of these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...