Sunday, September 28, 2014

Confessions

My mom peeking out of our apartment window in Florence.

I have 2 confessions for you:

Confession 1: I went to Italy for 2 weeks and I just got back last night! I didn't tell you I was leaving so I hope you will forgive me. The trip was planned a long time in advance but the time immediately leading up to the trip flew by and I had to keep my eye on the prize (a finished task list before departure).

Confession 2: I went to Italy and I didn't set foot in a single church and only visited 2 small museums. I studied abroad in Italy during my undergrad and spent countless hours/days/weeks/months studying the art and architecture of Italy. I enjoyed my semester abroad but this time I wanted to focus on other experiences so I skipped the churches and museums. My traveling partner (my mom!) and I had the same interests so we were a well matched traveling duo. I look forward to sharing more about our trip soon.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I am so looking forward to reading your blog and seeing the pictures! of your trip.
    Becky D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home....Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...