Monday, June 8, 2015

Bibs for Baby Ryan



My friend Sarah recently gave birth to a baby boy. Ryan came a little bit early so I ended up getting this gift to her just barely in time. Sarah's last baby was a fall/winter baby so I knit her a sweater. This time, since her due date meant a summer baby, I went with a set of sewn baby bibs.


I followed the baby bib pattern from Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol.


The front is a cotton quilting fabric and the backing is a cotton flannel. Plus: snaps! This was the first time I have used snaps so I had to get a snap setter. It requires the use of a hammer and was really satisfying to use! Now I want to make more things with snaps!


Welcome to the world, Baby Ryan!

1 comment:

  1. These bibs looks awesome, and snaps are totally the way to go! We tried to get a snap setter to switch some of our velcro bibs to snaps and it totally didn't work. We'll have to look into the one that uses a hammer. The one we got was an all-in-one type thing and the sharp pokey-things ended up sticking out instead of curling under, so it was essentially useless for baby things.... If you have info on the snap setter you're using, I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...