Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby Blue Moon Jacket


I am not sure I will ever tire of the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  It is such an interesting one to knit with so many fun color and sizing variations.  This one was made for my co-worker and friend Sarah N's baby girl.  As you might be able to guess, I finished this one when there were still crunchy leaves of the ground, but I had to wait a while for Sarah's due date to be near.  Baby Noelle made her arrival before the snow came, but just barely!


I hope this little sweater is helping to keep her warm and cozy!


The yarn is the very lively colorway Farmhouse from a Socks the Rock skein made by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.  This skein has been in my stash for a long time (I just checked.  I bought it at Rhinebeck in 2009!).  Judging by Sarah's reaction, I think I found a grateful recipient for my deep stash yarn.  She definitely appreciates handmade, so it was really fun to surprise her and her baby with a Baby Surprise Jacket.


Happy (belated) Birthday, Noelle!

Link to Ravelry Project here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...