Friday, September 12, 2008

Dead, I think.


When Jamie was over, I braved taking my yarn out of the freezer. I found a few of these little buggers. I am hoping they are all dead. I squished the ones I found, just to make really really sure that they aren't going to come back to life.

Without winding the skeins, it looks to me like most of the yarn survived the moth ordeal. The fingering weight alpaca from New Mexico looks the worst off with at least a handful of broken parts. From the inspection that Jamie and I did, it seems that the MVFF yarn didn't have any parts that were totally eaten through.

I sure am glad that I caught the problem when I did. I threw away a basket and all of the yarn in it because it was the most heavily covered yarn. The basket was at the bottom of the box, which could explain why the yarn on top was only slightly harmed. Phew!

I am still keeping it in plastic bags for a while just in case something does rise from the dead. I am not taking any risks.

Oh, and I checked the sweaters. They are totally fine. I had most of them packed away for the summer, so I don't think the moths knew they were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...