Saturday, September 13, 2008

Settling In

We are so not in Boston anymore!

We are getting pretty settled in to the apartment. There are lots of little things that need to be customized/installed/hung so we have been hitting up many local stores to acquire the necessities.

Yesterday we went to Fleet Farm (site of the above photo) and SR Harris. SR Harris is awesome for fabric. It is a huge warehouse and everything in it is 50%. We got 33 yards of fabric for $80. We needed 33 yards of fabric to make curtains. That's right. We have so many giganto windows that it will take that many yards to give us some privacy and that doesn't even count the kitchen. We already have a curtain from our old place to hang there. With all of these windows, we definitely need some plant action up in here. My mom is coming over today to remedy the lack of plantness.

After all that shopping, we needed a good meal to refuel. This lunch included the following contributions:
fresh mozzarella and grapes from my mother in-law Joanne
heirloom tomatoes grown by my dad
green beans from my friend Jamie's garden
fresh, homemade pesto with basil grown by Jamie's mom Charleen and made by Jamie and Charleen

Are we spoiled or what?!

Lastly, here is a shot of Paul with his new love interest...my dad's cordless Makita drill. They are inseparable these days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your Makita drill! Wish I had one for all of my hanging-up-stuff needs. Isn't it fun to get settled?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...