Saturday, August 25, 2007

I've been knitting, too.

I have also gotten behind on posting some finished projects. Here they are in no particular order.

There are going to be some babies born soon to friends and family so I am working on baby gifts.

Yarn: Berroco Suede
Colors: Hopalong Cassidy and Wrangler


These bootees are tiny.



Pattern: Bib O' Love from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton
Color: Poppy Red

My knitting project in New Mexico was a pair of socks. I chose these socks because the pattern used a few techniques that I haven't learned. Namely, short row heels and toes and a zigzag bind-off. My verdict: loved the short row heels and toes but hated the zigzag bind-off.

Here is what the toe looks like before the bind-off. The short row toe is worked exactly as the short row heel is worked which results in a little toe pocket.

I worked the first sock using the zigzag bind off and found that it resulted in a huge ridge across the top of the toe. I didn't like the way it looked or felt so I worked the next sock by kitchener stitching the toe seam. I likes that way better.

Here is a comparison of the two methods. Why the pattern was written with that bind off I do not understand.

Here you can see the details of the short row heel. I think it works really well with the color pattern of the yarn.



Pattern: Priscilla's Dream Socks
Yarn: Cascade - Fixation
Color: 9780
Variations: I used the table in the pattern to recalculate it for a different gauge and chose to kitchener stitch the toe seam.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE BABY BOOTIES! Please knit me some of those someday (of course, for no particular reason). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you give me a reason, I'll knit you some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...