Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Spy Pond

"Don't step on the grass because when you step on the grass it will change to the durt and when It rained durt gets into the pond."

Today is a beautiful, sunny, not too hot day. Luckily, the crafty ladies and I had planned to get together while we are all simultaneously in town. We went to Spy Pond, a hidden gem I knew nothing about until today. It is a cute little pond with plenty of trees and shady spots to sit and knit. I think I even saw a place where you can rent boats to use on the pond.


Liz, Louie, Bonnie and me (totally love those arm's length photos!)

I brought a few projects to the pond but my priority was to get the seaming done on my ribbed shrug. I cast on for this project almost a week ago and have been knitting like crazy on it. The push to get it done quickly is partly due to my curiousity about the fit (I made up the pattern based on two others I had thought about making) and because I want to bring it with me to New Mexico (I leave on Thursday!). I got the seaming done and it looks pretty darn nice until you take a close look:

It may be hard to tell in the photo but I must have reversed it between finishing the first seam and starting the second seam. I did stop to eat a chocolate chip cookie. Darn! I am too much of a perfectionist to have an inside-out seam so I am going to have to redo one of the sides. As soon as I get that done, I will post some finished pictures. Even with the reversed seam, I can tell that I am going to get a lot of use out of this shrug.

1 comment:

  1. I love that "Don't step on the grass" sign! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...