Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Breaking in the Knits

This past weekend Paul and I finally got to get together with new parents Guy and Sarah. I had knit gifts for their baby over the summer but hadn't seen them since their little Silas was born.

This kid gives babies a good name. He is so easy going and slept all through our lunch at a fabulous vegetarian restaurant in Providence (Guy and Sarah, what was the name of that restaurant?).


The bib and the booties fit perfectly and Silas didn't waste any time breaking the bib in. I think he spit up on it less than 5 minutes after Sarah put it on him. Strangely enough, I had forgotten about that part of baby behavior and actually had imagined the bib being used when eating. Either way, I am glad it will be getting used.


Paul and Guy are training Silas on the benefits of having a "sweet" computer. Who says you need to be able to hold your own head up to enjoy the internet?!

I planned too many things for Saturday which meant I had to leave Sarah and the boys to rush back home, walk our canine boys and head to the Soup Swap.

Mark and Christi were having their second annual Soup Swap and I had my African Peanut Soup ready to go in the freezer. Unfortunately getting lost on the way home from Rhode Island delayed me for long enough that the swapping was over by the time I got there. Some kind folks were willing to swap some of the soups they had gotten from the swap for my soup. I ended up walking away with some interesting and mostly vegetarian soups. I am particularly interested in tasting Christi's Parsnip and Pear soup.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The things you made for little Silas are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love them. Thanks for sending along the pics. I have to say that Paul looked pretty cute sitting next to a little one...no pressure, seriously. Just had to say it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried that parsnip soup yet? I love both pears and parsnips, but never thought of eating them together! Let me know how it is . . .perhaps I would like to have the recipe! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy and I really enjoyed your visit -- def another reminder of why we miss Boston -> good people to hang with!! Let's make plans to get together soon in your hood.

    And we love love the knitty gifts and geeky gifts you guys brought. Thanks again!

    -the restaurant is called the Garden Grill(e?); kind of a lame name for such a yum place, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...