Saturday, June 8, 2013
I finished this sweater almost a month ago, have already worn it a few times and still hadn't found an opportunity to photograph it. Rain, rain go away! I decided today was going to be the day even when the little window of time I had with Paul to just happened to coincide with some harsh lighting and wet hair. Oh well, at least the sweater looks good!
I am totally happy with this garment. Probably the happiest I have been with any garment I have ever made. The color, fiber, fit and pattern all worked in my favor on this one! This tee is a very heavily modified version of Buttercup.
I knit this out of Hempathy yarn, so I expect it will just keep getting better as it should soften with wear. Bonus: this was (deep!) stash yarn, leftover from a previous project!
I liked the neckline and the lace panel. Everything else, I modified.
My modifications included adding side shaping (increases and decreases) to give it a hourglass shape. I didn't keep track of the shaping, but I did try it on a lot of times as I went along. I also omitted the puffed sleeves, the gathering at the back of the neck and the increases under the lace panel. I shortened the overall length and finished with a short garter rib instead of the lace edging. I guess I didn't really need to buy the pattern since I almost made a totally different sweater, but now I know an interesting construction for a front lace panel and that was worth the price of the pattern.
Tchazo wanted to get a little bit of loving during the photo shoot.
Thanks to Paul for taking the pictures!
I will definitely knit more tee-style sweaters out of Hempathy. It is really comfortable to wear and comes in a lot of wonderful colors.
ETA - Ravelry link to my project.
Posted by Trinity at 9:31 PM