Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pride 2013

It is definitely time to unseat that last post.  I'm still suffering from ridiculous skin issues, but nevertheless, my weekend was of the seize-the-summer sort.  It included my first ever Pride parade!  I don't know why I've waited so long, but I am glad I didn't miss the chance to be present for this one.



My friend Sarah lives on the parade route and was kind enough to host a brunch/pride parade party.


We leaned out of her windows and watched the parade action from our bird's eye view.






Do you see that rainbow dog?



Sarah's brunch was a feast for the eyes and the taste buds.  I am not drinking right now or else you know I would have joined her for a glass of that fabulous looking sangria.  Thanks for hosting, Sarah!



Confetti and Savage Aural Hotbed....yes, please!


There was a canine guest in attendance.  I'll never stop being amused by dogs that can lay down with their back legs flat on the ground.




This parade is a long one, involving many community groups, companies, bars, politicians and organizations.  This year's event was especially energized by all of the recent progress towards equal rights for same sex couples.  The beginning of the parade even included a marriage proposal!


And, of course, people were strutting (or rolling) their stuff!


Great music and dancing and happiness was plentiful!


In May, Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize gay marriage and on August 1st, same sex marriages will begin being performed in the state.  About damn time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...