Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Minimalist shot Minimally

I have been meaning to get some good shots of my finished Minimalist Cardigan. It has been done for a few weeks and things (sunlight and Paul) haven't aligned in a way that have allowed me to decently document my sweater. Oh well. I'll get around to it. For the mean time, I present to you a minimally documented Minimalist Cardigan.

This blocking required the use of a very large towel.


I am happy with how the seams came together but it took me a really long time. I didn't want to end up being sloppy about it so I worked a little and then took a little break and then worked a little until it was all seamed up.

This is what you get when you try to use a stool and a camera timer to photograph your sweater. Eh.

Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007

Size: Small

Yarn: Classic Elite Classic Silk (9 full skeins)

I knew when I started this project that the edges would roll. After being worn for a day, the edges are rolled into little tubes. I am still debating whether to let it be or to incorporate some clasps. Other than the rolling, I am pleased with the fit. The yarn is holding its shape well and feels fine against my skin.

What this means is that I have now tipped the ratio of successful to unsuccessful sweaters in favor of successful. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...