Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Works in Progress

I feel the need to take stock of my current works in progress. I like to have projects that are of varying levels of difficulty and size so that I can match projects to my knitting needs. Here is what I am currently working on:

This mess of stuff doesn't travel with me. It sits by the bed and gets worked on here and there before I go to sleep.

What is that mess for, you might ask? It is meant to be a pillow cover for the couch. Our couch has been pillowless for far too long. And, judging by the pace at which this is being knitted, it will be pillowless for quite a while longer.


This is another project that has been a long time in the making. I have been working on this bit by bit for over a year. It is my first colorwork project and has already taught me a lot. However, it doesn't appeal to me as much as simpler knitting does. I need to knit more of this so I can become faster at it, thus making it more appealing. Later.

This is the project that I am most focused on right now. It is going to be a cardigan for me (see the little orange photo?) and I am knitting it up FAST! It has been nice to knit on larger needles (size 8!) as most of my recent projects have been on needles ranging from size 0 to 2.

Speaking of size 0. I have been knitting these socks on the train. They make for good subway knitting however, I am getting a little bored of these and will be glad when they are done so I can move on to some socks that are in a pattern other than stockinette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...