Saturday, February 25, 2012

Miscellany :: Granola

Homemade granola is a staple at our house now. It is easy to make and there are endless combinations to try. I like to use this recipe as my base for proportions. I futz with the ingredients every time. I have switched out the spices or the oils. I generally sub in some buckwheat groats for some of the oats. I use mixtures of seeds and nuts. I stir in different combos of dried fruits or sometimes none at all if I want to eat it with preserves. Go! Go make a batch!


Here are the ingredients I generally have on hand to mix and match:


Oats (rolled, thick or regular, not quick)

Buckwheat groats

Chia Seeds

Flax Seeds

Sesame Seeds

Sunflower Seeds

Pumpkin Seeds/Pepitas

Almond slices

Pecans

Walnuts

Hazelnuts, if I am feeling rich and fancy

Shredded coconut

Dried Cherries

Dried Apple

Dates

Golden Raisins

Raisins

Dried Cranberries

Chopped apricots

Currants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...