Thursday, March 8, 2012

Miscellany :: Cherry Tomatoes

Our cherry tomatoes plants were super overachievers this last summer. I had enough that I felt ok experimenting with some preservation options. In addition to the usual dehydrating, I also roasted some and froze some whole. Tomatoes are the bomb when it comes to preserving. They are all holding up wonderfully. The tomatoes in the store right now are terrible and terribly expensive. I feel so smart when I can dip into my freezer and grab out a handful of whole frozen tomatoes and add them to a dish. Paul and I have vowed to grow even more tomatoes next year. Picking out the varieties to grow is going to be fun. Do you have a favorite variety to grow? Small, medium and large suggestions are desired.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've already figured this out, the Sungolds are my favorite. They're yellowy-orange and about cherry sized. They have the best flavor and I've had great luck growing them. My plants have gotten taller than me the last two years. I've had little luck with purple tomatoes, but that might be my soil or some other factor. Can't wait until it's garden time!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...