Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Food Swapping - Version 2.0

Once upon a time, I belonged to a wonderful food swapping community.  Then, the Department of Health and the Department of Agriculture decided they didn't like what we were up to, so they put up a fuss.  As a result, the swap organizers felt it was necessary to stop scheduling swaps for the time being.  

At first, it wasn't apparent how long the hiatus would last, so I held out hope and just took a break from swapping.  It now seems apparent that the solution is not a quick nor easy one and I've been missing the swaps something fierce.  So what could I do?  Why, go underground, of course!  

While the MPLS Swappers are fighting the good fight, I am going to be bringing my perfectly safe and tasty offerings elsewhere for some unregulated swapping. Have a look at the artisanal deliciousness:




Duck eggs!




I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for this swap, so I dug into my canned goods and came up with some jars of the red pepper ketchup and some of my recent batch of meyer lemon marmalade to swap.  In exchange, I took home:
  • a dozen duck eggs
  • carrot apple ginger juice
  • hibiscus mango ale
  • chocolate covered strawberries
  • lilac syrup
  • grapefruit mangosteen soy candle (not edible, but it smells wonderful!)
  • sweet and hot mustard
  • morel mushroom butter



Long live the food swaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...