Sunday, December 16, 2007

Frazzled and Frizzles

It's crunch time. Paul and I had to scrap our plans to go to a comedy show on Friday night because of my recent realization that Christmas is reallyreallyreally close and I had yet to finish making some of the gifts. Not to mention, I need to account for shipping time to get most of these gifts to Minnesota on time. By skipping the show, I gained enough time to get the gifts made and by waking up early on Saturday, I was able to get them wrapped and packaged up for shipping before Abby arrived from New Hampshire. Luckily Paul was willing to lug it all to the post office for shipping while Abby and I went on with our day.


Part of the reason Abby came to my neck of the woods was the Harvard Ceramic sale. I have never left the sale empty handed and this time was no exception. Due to the crazy weather on Thursday and the crazy weather today (Sunday), people who would have normally gone on other days were all there when we went on Saturday. It was a mad house but still well worth elbowing past people. I got a few things for me and finished the last of my Christmas shopping. Abby was equally tempted into buying for people on her Christmas list and for herself. We practiced fairness in the form of "one for them, one for me, one for them, one for me." OK, maybe I was more like "one for them, two for me" but who's counting.


After the sale, we headed back to my house so that Abby could learn how to make felted soaps. She has a knack for it. By the end of the day she had beautifully wrapped and felted all 7 bars of soap that she brought with her.

After Abby headed home to get all dolled up for a fancy, schmancy Christmas party, Paul and I headed over to Sylvie and Miriam's for our Veggie Dinner Club. The meal was delicious. My favorite dish was the roasted root vegetables with turnip frizzles. Although, the vegan chocolate cake with raspberry sauce was also a top competitor. When talking last night we realized that our group is almost upon it's one year anniversary. I have really enjoyed being a part of it and have eaten well this past year. Big thanks to Beth for creating the club.

I think I remembered to photograph everything before sending it away yesterday so after Christmas I can post what I have been working on for the last month or so. Today will be spent knitting for ME! I am nearly done with my Roman Earflap Hat and have a small amount left to finish on my Sienna Cardigan so hopefully I can get those both done today. It is the perfect day to be a shut-in. The weather here is N-A-S-T-Y. It snowed all last night and when I took the dogs for a walk this morning, the snow had turned to sleet (small ice balls...why the weather people aren't calling them hail, I am not sure) and it was so windy that the sleet was hitting me in the face with significant gusto. I am loving the fact that I have no good reason at all to go back outside today.

2 comments:

  1. ok. i look REALLY scary in that photo!! ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH - and PS: my new "cousins" LOVED the pottery! and the ballband dishclothes. AND the felted soaps!! so thanks for the, er, help with the pattern (i got the book for xmas) and the felting lesson :) lots of fun and sooo useful, not to mention getting to spend time with you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...