Monday, December 31, 2007

Mega Man Paul

Paul rarely asks me to knit anything for him. So, after two years of his repeated requests for the same knitted item, I gave in. He was even willing to go shopping for the yarn, which proved his dedication to making this knitting dream a reality. We collaborated together to come up with this:

I present to you Paul's knitted Mega Man Helmet. For those not familiar with Mega Man, you can check out this Wikipedia link.





I used the Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap pattern as the basis for the hat and then added the point on the front and the contrasting peices on the ears and across the top. The yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Blue Boy and Spruce.

ETA 9/28/08
Aww! Thanks for all of the comments! I am glad you all are so psyched about this hat. I just posted instructions on how to make your very own geeky hat.

16 comments:

  1. he was requesting that TWO year? insanity upon insanity. beth, mark, and i are having a blast together here in minnie! wish you could be at our party tonight. bummer dude. happy new year! 2008 is going to ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I found your blog while searching for "knit megaman hat" to appease the boyfriend.

    This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could probably make some good money producing those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ matt:

    Yeah, and a cease and desist from Capcom, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those not familiar with Mega Man?!

    How can you not know and love the blue bomber?

    ReplyDelete
  6. People sell Weighted Companion Cube plushies and don't get cease and desists from valve. You could totally sell those...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. That's so awesome. And yeah, I'd recommend making more of those and selling them on Etsy. I doubt you'd get in any legal trouble. Usually you can sell hand-made items based on licensed property but mass-produced things like prints.. not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pattern! Please oh Please say you have an exact pattern!

    This is even better than my idea of making a met hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the coolest beanie i've ever seen. kudos =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fucking nerdy. I love it. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a huge fan of Mega Man, I have to say that this pleases me greatly, but I would also like to point out that you have missed a small detail. The light blue band across the top of Mega Man's helmet has a small square of blue at the forehead, with a short gap between it and the band.

    That said, if you were to fix that detail and offer this for sale I'd wet myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. EPIC, I am making this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first reaction to the top Mega Man Knitcap pic, when I saw it first time was "awwww" and I still get that "awww" reaction when watching these pics :D

    Superiory epic geek item, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for posting pics and the information on making the hat. I just finished my own version of that hat (based on your information) and pics are here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/shewalks/amelia-earhart-aviator-cap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your project. You fixed the one detail that I was lazy about (the band on top), so props to you for the improvement!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...