Friday, February 22, 2008

Dedication to Completion

I've been dedicated to completing the projects that I have on needles before I move on to my next projects. It has been quite a challenge to stay focused because there are so many tempting projects on my knitting queue. (Dang Ravelry! Why are you so inspiring?!?!) I finished a few things recently, which just leaves my Cascading Cardigan to be finished before I am free to start a new round of projects. I am getting really close to being done but I may be thwarted by a shortage of yarn. I am approaching the bottom half of my last sleeve and the yarn is looking sparse. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Now, for the finished objects. I can only give you a peak of one because it is a gift for a pregnant friend (sort of the story of my knitting lately!)

In addition to that, I recently finished a Bainbridge Scarf out of RYC Cashsoft Aran.

I had intended to give this to my mother in law, but now that it is finished, I am not so sure it is the right style for her. I've got someone else in mind for it instead and I've got something else in mind for her.
I finally finished my Oblique Openwork Socks (pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks). I made these out of a yarn I bought on clearance from Circles. It's a sport-weight Cormo wool yarn made by Running Wild Yarns. It has been in my stash for a long time because I was having a hard time deciding what I could knit with a scratchy wool. I finally knitted up a swatch and washed it. I'm glad I did because I was amazed at how much it bloomed and softened up after being washed.


After all of the plain stockinette socks I have been knitting lately, these lacework socks were a total treat to knit. The Oblique Openwork stitch pattern was easy to memorize and kept me interested while still being simple enough to knit at knitting groups and while commuting. I followed the instructions for the Eye of the Partridge heel flap and am really pleased with how that looks too. These were socks that I immediately tried them on, admired them and then thrusted them in Paul's face while declaring them to be "SO PRETTY!!".

You might notice that I was a bit skimpy on my project details this time around. I'm thinking that it isn't necessary for me to post so many details on my blog now that I put even more detail into my Ravelry entries. I'd rather not double up the efforts by posting the project specs in two places especially since a lot of my blog readers don't give a darn whether I knit my socks on 2 circs or on dpns. Any objections?

2 comments:

  1. ooh, i made that same sock pattern in blue, too! of all the patterns, i think i get the most comments on that one. i also love how your scarfletty thing ended up... i've never made something that 'small' for my neck, but i should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your knitting pics! keep 'em coming, always. and i don't know which "pregnant lady" that is for, but i know that any one of us would find it lovely. it's beautiful and you are so cool for putting in so much effort to make us all so pretty, funky, and fun as mamas and babies-to-be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...