Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tons of Tomatoes


Thanks to my in-laws Joanne and Clarence and my dad, I have an abundance of homegrown tomatoes. They are quickly ripening, so I had to think of a good way to use a bunch of them. Gazpacho!

I followed this recipe but changed a few things. I didn't use a jalapeno or fresh dill. I substituted dried dill, a few cloves of garlic and a banana pepper.

More importantly, making this recipe is indicative of the fact that I now have a functioning kitchen! I've missed cooking during these past few weeks. No more truck stop food for me!

3 comments:

  1. My beloved spice wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me pegged. I am indeed, a wimp when it comes to foods that are HOT. My family makes XXX salsa, which I cannot even smell without tearing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another good tomato recipe:

    get a big baking dish, and in the bottom spread a generous but single layer of chopped white or yellow onion (1 sm-med), chopped tomatoes (2 medium) and chopped zucchini (2 medium. sprinkle with some shedded extra-sharp cheddar cheese. bake at 350 until cooked through (but you don't want it watery) and the cheese starts to brown.

    yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...