Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grapes Galore

I know I said the next post would be about tomatoes, however something new has come on the scene!


Thanks to the generosity of a coworker, I have 13 pounds of grapes to contend with.  I finished up some more tomato preserving and did a bit of regular kitchen tasks (granola, batches of dried beans, dinner) tonight.  I took care of this stuff so that tomorrow it can be all about the grapes.

My first priority is grape juice.  I am trying to decide if I want to go with a boiled-and-mashed version like this or a grapes-in-the-jar version like this.  Any opinions?  I'd like to keep the sugar down to an absolute minimum or leave it out all together, if possible.

I am thinking I will have enough to make a batch of grape jam or jelly, too.  Any suggestions for ways to funkify a regular jam or jelly recipe?  I know vanilla bean would go well.  What about herbs?  Oh, I'll bet cinnamon sticks would be good.

Share your 2 cents, if you'd like! I have 13 pounds to use!

What a great gift.  Thanks, Putt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...