Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ramona in Purple


My knitting project for my San Francisco trip was this hat.  The pattern is called Ramona Lace Helmet.  I started the hat while I was travelling, but didn't finish it until a bit after I returned home.


When it came off of the needles, I was concerned it might be too small.  But, I trusted that it would grow when I blocked it and it did!  It fits me exactly how I wanted it to!  It is sort of magic when it works out that way.


I altered the pattern by completing 3 extra lace repeats before starting the decreases for the top.  I like how it sits with that bit of extra length, plus my row gauge was tighter than the stated gauge.


I recommend the channel island cast on that the pattern indicates.  It is extra work but I think it makes the edge look really smart.


I wore this hat endlessly until I was forced to transition from my fall to winter coat.  As it turns out, my winter coat is a shade of maroon that looks horrendous with this luscious purple yarn.  Oh well!  You can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...