Monday, April 29, 2013

Warmth, Birthdays and Crocheting


What a difference a week makes!  The past weekend was filled with sun, warmth, sandals, short sleeves, breakfast on the deck, sunbathing, birthday parties, pet sunbaths on the front porch and wonderful time with friends.  While we were at a friend's backyard birthday party (Happy Birthday, Carrie!) enjoying a bonfire, our neighbors were throwing their own backyard birthday party.  We came home to some errant balloons high up in our maple tree and a strand of crepe paper in our apple tree.  Their party knew no bounds!


In between doing some yard work and taking care of other responsibilities, I made sure to spend time listening to Fanny's warm, purring belly.  She loves it when we open up the windows and give her reign of the front porch. Her world expands during spring and fall and she relishes in it.


On Sunday, a group of friends and I drove down to Jen's house in Waseca to get a crochet lesson and hang out together.  We've missed Jen since she moved too far away to attend our regular knitting group.  

Maya

Those first steps into crochet-land are humbling for skilled knitters.  The language is different.  Luckily for us, we had Kala as our tour guide.  She was a patient teacher and helped us break the codes of sc, dc, ch, hdc, etc.

Jen and Kala


Flannery

Kelaine and Miles

Miles was there to keep our spirits high and check our work.

Miles

Thanks for the lesson, Kala!  I learned a lot.  Although, I am sure I am going to need further support since I still have a lot to learn before I tackle that fancy bolero pattern I have my eye on.

Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...