Sunday, January 24, 2016

Vasa Sweater


I finished that sweater I was knitting on our Madison trip. And, I do not like it at all. I haven't had a sweater fail this big in a while. The upside is that the yarn felt wonderful to knit and after the muted legwarmers I knit this summer, the color was refreshing.


Ok, the details:
Pattern: Vasa
Yarn (both held double): Malabrigo Lace and Sun Valley Fibers MCN Lace (from really deep and fairly deep stash!)
Ravelry Project: Here


This sweater is decently comfortable but entirely unflattering to wear. The color was a poor choice for me. I was hoping the yellow would be mellowed out enough by the turquoise but it is still too yellow to look nice on my skin. The odd armholes and the horizontal stripes tip the scale too far to the unflattering side for my body. I have only worn it once and I wore it as a warm layer underneath another shirt. It is a little too bulky for that but I just wasn't ready to admit defeat without wearing it at least once!

I am chalking this one up to a process knit and will be on the lookout for the right recipient to inherit it. The yarn is really, really nice, so I hope it finds a good home.

4 comments:

  1. Sew together the arms and neck- pillow! We all have sweater fails....its making your own clothes. I woukd try a white collared shirt and a belt with it before completely giving up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew together the arms and neck- pillow! We all have sweater fails....its making your own clothes. I woukd try a white collared shirt and a belt with it before completely giving up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens. The next one...on to the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...