Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Abby and Jeff are Wedded

The weekend before last (10/13) Abby and Jeff got married on the coast of Maine. Paul and I took advantage of Sam and Arturo's willingness to dog sit for us and made a weekend of it.

They got married on the lawn of the York Beach Reading Room which is on a small cliff next to the ocean. It was a beautiful setting and I could hear the waves during the ceremony.




The wedding ceremony site.



Jeff and the moms walking down the "aisle".



Abby and her dad walking down the aisle.

Her dad kept saying "What a day! What a day!" all the way down the aisle.



The toast which was with Metaxa (of course!).




After the ceremony we went inside the York Beach Reading Room for drinking, food, dancing and other merriment.



We spent "cocktail hour" on the balcony taking in the beautiful view and listening to the musicians and maybe we harassed (in a good way) the underage catering staff.



These are the troublemakers. Jill and Tim. Remember them and if you ever meet them and they offer you drinks...just say no! Especially if your name is Paul.

Jill and Tim came up from Brooklyn, NY and were our constant company for the duration of the wedding. It was good to see them and their presence at the wedding made it way more fun.

It was just a shame that the event had to end with my food looking like this:

Jill and I were headed out to the dance floor for a few more songs before the party ended. Some other happy wedding guest went backwards in a hurry and stepped on my foot with her stilleto heel. My little strappy shoes didn't do much to cushion the blow. Needless to say, I had to sit that dance out. After some ice and some babying, it has healed just fine. In actuality, I should be grateful because it excused me from the after party and the after party was where Jill and Tim did their best work...especially if your name is Paul.

1 comment:

  1. ow!!! i'm glad your foot feels better! and it's funny you heard my dad, he was making me laugh the whole way down...that and everyone staring at me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...