Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rhinebeck 2007

Rhinebeck was amazing and tiring, as expected.

We boarded our Yarn Safaris bus before the sun came up and didn't get back until way past sunset. The exhaustion was worth it because I came back happy and inspired and also filled with a gas station dinner, but that is beside the point.


I was so preoccupied with getting to all of the vendors while not losing my crew (Jamie, Becky and Maggie) amongst the crowds that I didn't take many pictures.


New York Sheep and Wool Mascot, I assume



Punk Rock Angora



There was a lot of yarn to look at so I devised a system...walk through the building looking at each stand, if something catches my eye, stop and touch it, if it feels soft, stay and think about what to do with it, if a project can be thought up or if it is too beautiful to pass up, buy. My system worked well because I left with things that I love and stayed within my Rhinebeck budget.

I didn't get a picture of this but it is worth mentioning. As I was walking out of a building, the sleeve of a passerby caught my eye. After a glance at her sleeve, I said to myself, "That's the Yarn Harlot!". It sure was and I know her knitwear enough to identify her by her very distinct sleeve.

Jamie finally got the birthday wish she has been wishing for all these years as she blows out her candles: a ponytailed man in spandex standing/riding on two costumed horses.

Oh, what a day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that "punk rock" rabbit! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...