Saturday, October 6, 2007

Disposable Mops

Mop manufacturers have to be making a killing. From the consumers perspective, it is a total racket. Once you buy a mop and use it until the mop needs a replacement head, there is a next to impossible chance of buying a refill that fits your mop. The manufacturers change the designs and stores change the brands they carry so often that I have never been able to find an appropriate refill. Which means I have to buy the whole dang ensemble all over again!

Paul and I are having a cleaning day today (he is totally thrilled with this use of his Saturday) and after about half of the mopping was done my mop sponge busted. I headed to the store to find a refill. Nope. The store only carried one brand of refills which weren't going to fit my mop. So, I looked at buying a whole new mop thinking I would stock up on refills so as to avoid the disposable nature of mop-using I have found myself cornered into. Nope. The store didn't sell refills for the one kind of mop they sold. What. The. #$%&$.

I am now sitting here with a half-mopped house wondering if I should live with the dirt or buy another freaking mop.

3 comments:

  1. Buy another freaking mop . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did and I finished mopping today. It doesn't make sense, but I guess that's the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so I have had the exact same problem quite a few times and have complained about it to my friends. I think they thought I was crazy. But I say we invent a universal mop head and become rich!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...