Friday, October 19, 2007

The suspense!

Rhinebeck!!

In less than 24 hours I will be amongst most of my favorite things. I am really looking forward to spending the day feeding my senses and I get to be there with Jamie and Becky and it's Jamie's birthday. Be still my heart!

I've been reading what other knitting bloggers are writing and it seems that there is a universal sense of anticipation of something great to come. One of the parts of Rhinebeck that generates buzz on the blogs is Rhinebeck Blogger Bingo. I decided against participating even though it sounds like it would be a great way to connect with people whose blogs I read. It was just going to be too hard to split my attention in so many directions. There is yarn to look at and fleece to fondle and animals to pet and knitwear to admire and, oh, is that kettle corn? You see my problem. Too many things to pay attention to. I was afraid adding blogger bingo to the experience might have caused my head to explode.

We are starting out for Rhinebeck really early. We will rise at 5-something in the morning in order to make our Yarn Safari bus on time. It still beats having to do the driving ourselves, though. It'll be my first safari.

I am also looking forward to the answer to this question:

Will Becky finally knit something for herself and wear it?

Becky has a tendency to knit things and then not want them when she is finished. (Yes. She is likely a little bit crazy.) This time she is close to finishing an alpaca sweater and I have been egging her on to have it done in time for Rhinebeck. Time will tell.

I am going to have some serious catching up to do on this blog once this weekend is over. I have yet to report back on the wedding that left Paul in a sorry state and my foot in a multi-colored state and my sweater is almost done, too. That'll all have to wait because I've got Rhinebeck.

1 comment:

  1. Um...you're waking up in the 5's???? On a weekend? You're a fanatic!

    And...hello! I can't believe you went to a wedding. You have some SERIOUS fessing up to do, missy! And what about your foot? Is this like what happened to me at T&H's?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...