Monday, May 12, 2008

Lilac Sunday

I couldn't be with my mom on this mother's day, but I was able to honor the day by doing something I know she would have loved doing with me: Looking at flowers!

Sunday was the 100th anniversary of the Arnold Arboretum's Lilac Sunday. It is a day long festival that includes lots of Lilac sniffing:


watching Morris dancers:

and picnicking. It is the only day of the year where picnicking is allowed in the Arboretum so there were lots and lots of people taking advantage of the opportunity.


Sam, Paul, Beth, Arturo and I enjoyed a picnic and some photo taking (notice Paul and Beth refusing to make a nice face for Sam!). We had a perfect day for it and Paul and I got our first sunburned noses of the year.

The Good Sport Award goes to seasonal allergy sufferer Arturo. When I invited him to join us for this pollen filled day, I failed to realize the hell he endures at this time of the year. He took it like a champ....a very sniffly, drippy champ!

This weekend I also enjoyed an Anne of Green Gables movie marathon with the knitters from my library knitting group. Thanks to Maggie for hosting us. And, continuing the Ann/e theme of the day, I also went to Ann's KickAss Cupcake Graduation Party. Yum Yum Yum. Congrats Library-Ann! I've been fairly lazy on the picture taking front as of lately, so I have nothing to show from either of these events, but trust me, a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. uh-oh! i had no idea you were an anne of green gables fan. you might regret telling me that! i absolutely love her. mark and i have read all the books out loud to one another, too. endearingly dorky, i know, but a must for someone who was going to be my partner for life. enjoyed the photos! love the event, too. that seems like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...