Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shrug

In honor of spring, I knit up a little shrug.

I bought this yarn to make a scarf. I had a specific pattern in mind (Garter Stitch Loop-Through Scarf from 101 Designers One Skein Wonders). After checking the gauge, I realized it wouldn't work for that pattern. I brought out my trusty stitch dictionary and tried a few options. I wasn't happy with any of those. So, I decided the yarn wasn't meant to be a scarf and that I would wait until the right project came along. The yarn has been stashed until I recently came across a simply constructed shrug. I heavily modified it and came up with this:






The shrug used 2.5 skeins of Tahki - Sky, which is an organic cotton. I think it is a relatively new yarn. I made up a combination of stitch patterns. The construction is simple: cast on, knit a tube, knit flat for a while, knit a tube to match the first tube, bind off.

(Thanks to Paul for taking the pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...