Sunday, May 4, 2008

F.O., F.O., F.O.

I have a parade of finished objects to share.

I made a few Mason Dixon Washcloths as my mindless knitting project during my trip to MN. Somehow I don't seem to tire of making these. I've made at least 10-15 of them over the past year. I have some recipients in mind for these lime green ones. But, next I plan to make a few for myself.

Fanny likes her other toys, but nothing seems to get her as excited as her mouse does. The first one has to be confiscated due to extreme wear and tear, so last Friday night, while Paul and I watched a movie, I knit her up a new one. It was totally instant gratification because as soon as I finished it, I gave it to her and she went crazy. She played with it obsessively until Paul took it away from her as he was heading to bed at 2am. Now that is a good use of leftover yarn!

The pattern is the Catwarming Set from Stitch n Bitch Nation.

While in MN, I once again made use of Jamie's washing machine to felt something. I made two bowls out of Twilley's of Stamford - Freedom Spirit yarn. The pattern is the Fuchsia Felted Bowl from 101 Designers One Skein Wonders.

Bowl - prefelting



Felted bowl

And last but not least, my purple magic socks. I didn't follow a pattern for these socks. Instead I compiled various resources to suit my yarn while also allowing me to try a new technique: Magic Loop! The magic loop technique means that these socks were knit using one long circular needle. Also, I knit both socks at the same time. Knitting two socks at the same time works well with designing-as-you-go since it eliminates the need to track each step. And...NO SECOND SOCK SYNDROME! I used short row for the heels and toes. The stitch pattern was a beaded rib stitch pattern. I acquired this yarn 2 years ago from a Yankee Swap at one of the knitting groups I attend. It is Aarlan - Royal. I only used half of what I had so you may see this yarn again.





1 comment:

  1. Trinity, I love those wash cloth colors! Just wanted to give you a shout out and tell you that we use the dish cloth you made for us over the holidays all the time! Thanks again for that. It's actually our dish cloth of choice for the sink right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...