Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Frolf

The long, glorious weekend has ended. But, at least I know we made the best of it.


On Sunday Paul and I ventured north to Amesbury for a day of frisbee golf/disc golf/frolf. You may remember this place from last year. As far as we know, this course is the only course within an hour of Boston. Good thing we enjoy it there.

I've got to work on my game, though. Paul is consistently a throw or two ahead of me on each hole.

Part of the course is a bit risky. A few holes go along or across the water. Last year Paul lost a disc in the pond so he was extra cautious about his throws. Me, not so much. I thought I was steering clear but one of mine ended up in the pond. It wasn't too far in so Paul was able to go in after it. If he develops any mysterious rashes on his legs from the skanky water, I take full responsibility.


Besides being home to many errant frisbees, the pond houses a gagillion tadpoles. This isn't the greatest picture but maybe you can spot them. They are the biggest tadpoles I have ever seen.

After we finished our game, we ate a picnic and spent some time in the shade set to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy. The music was provided courtesy of the ice cream truck that wouldn't leave.

After a few days of being outside in the nice, summery weather I finally had enough motivation to do the change over of seasons in my closet. I put away lots of bulky winter clothes and brought out the dresses and skirts. It required a full Sunday evening and a big glass of wine. Not only did I finish the changeover, I also purged things that don't fit my style or my body anymore. Sally would be proud of me. Fanny enjoyed napping atop the purge pile before I got around to bagging it up for donating.



We finished up the weekend with a Vegetarian BBQ at Beth's house.

What a refreshing weekend! I got spoiled by being able to sleep in every morning, which made this morning that much more of a rude awakening. As En Vogue would say, it's time to get "Back to Life, Back to Reality."

2 comments:

  1. Yay for FROLF! I'm so excited you guys got to play. I just love that game!
    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM proud of you, girl! Nothing like a transitional season purge to keep the closet happy and clean. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...