Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dragon Boat Festival

This weekend was H O T and it still is. It is so hot that the cat is sleeping belly up.



Despite the nasty heat over the weekend, I was still able to pack in lots of fun. Becky and I checked out the Boston Dragon Boat Festival. I was interested in it because of the Taiko performances.

The drummers were great. The mixture of dance, music and performance was invigorating. It reminded me how much I really love drumming or, more accurately, dancing to drumming. I'm going to have to take advantage of the West African dance classes at The Dance Complex soon. Just as soon as it isn't so H O T!

We also saw other performers including these young dragon dancers.


The symbolism of the dragon dance was unclear. Was it a mating dance or a fight? Could have been either.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...