Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Visit from Mom!

After a Friday full of flight delays and cancellations, my mom finally arrived in Boston around 10pm. We had to skip lunch, afternoon and dinner plans due to the late arrival but we did have time to share a bottle of wine before bed.

There are so many things I have been looking forward to doing and seeing with her. Because of the flight issues, we had less time than we had planned on so we kicked it into high gear to fit in as much as possible.

After a breakfast of Bluebarb (blueberry rhubarb) Muffins, fruit salad and yogurt, we headed to the Harvard Museum of Natural History to see the Glass Flowers exhibit. I've been curious about the exhibit for quite some time, but was waiting to see it with my mom. She LOVES flowers. The exhibit was astonishing. The detail and the teensy tiny glasswork was unbelievable.


We observed flowers inside and outside. My mom was really smitten with the Dogwood trees.

After heading home for a quick lunch, we went to Spot Pond for some boating. We were joined by Paul, Becky and Becky's husband Brian.

Becky and Brian opted for a canoe while the rest of us took out kayaks. My mom was definitely the most efficient paddler. She kicked all our butts in a race. She claims her secret is to pull AND push when you stroke. I'm going to have to practice.

Next up was a quick shower to wash off the pond water and an outfit change. Once upon a time Paul and I had tried to go to Top of the Hub for drinks but it didn't work out. Good thing we waited, because my mom was kind enough to treat Paul and I to dinner and it was fun to share the view and the experience with her.

The view was pretty amazing. We got there before sunset and stayed past sunset, which allowed us to see the daytime and evening view. We also caught a firework display from up high. They looked so tiny!

I had a super yummy Cosmopolitan to drink.

After we left the restaurant we headed home via the sardine can also known as the bus. I think it is safe to say that the ride home was out of the norm for my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...