Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Fell Swoop

This past Saturday was the first farmer's market of the season in Union Square. I didn't remember that is was open until later in the morning. By the time I got there it was really picked over. But, there were a few stalks of rhubarb left, so I snatched them up. My plan was to find a new recipe and bake something with it.

While looking for recipes, I realized that if I was going to make a good dessert, I should also make a good dinner. One thing led to another and before I knew it I had planned a dinner party. Despite the hot hot hot temperatures and our air-conditionless apartment, I spent the afternoon cooking.

I even roasted peppers on the stove.

Dinner took care of my new year's resolution for the month of June. The new recipes I made included a Rhubarb Meringue Pie, Shells with Ricotta, Basil and Lemon, a Maple Mustard Salad Dressing from Moosewood Restaurant cookbook.

We shared our dinner with Arturo and Sam. It was worth the effort!





1 comment:

  1. That dinner sounds delicious! And yummy rhubarb pie for dessert! I'm so impressed that you have turned into such a fabulous cook. It is such fun to prepare a wonderful meal and then sit down to enjoy it with friends. One of the great joys in life! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...