Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cause to Celebrate

Finally! After a lot of job applications, interviews, pros and cons lists and many conversations about what the future could hold for me, I have finally accepted a new job. If that isn't cause to celebrate, I don't know what is!

To mark the occasion, Paul took me out to a sushi dinner. We went to Ma Soba in Beacon Hill. It was really fun to get a little dressed up and make a date night out of it.

The food was good and we each tried some new things. Both of us had sushi that included gobo root. It had a really earthy flavor.

Our plan was to have a drink at Top of the Hub and take in the night view from on top of the Prudential Center. We have been meaning to go there for a few years, but have yet to follow through with the plan. Apparently, we were not unique in having that plan. There was a wait for tables and they were imposing a $24 minimum per person to sit at a table. Not really worth it even for a celebratory night so we decided to take in some of the night scenes of Boston from the ground level.



It was a beautiful night and we got to walk around an area that I have driven past but never walked around: the Mary Baker Eddy Library and Church of Christ Scientist property. It was amazing to look at but made me wonder how the church has enough funds to maintain such magnificent buildings and such a massive amount of prime Boston real estate.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, TrinKitty; congrats on your new position!

    the simple answer to your 'wondering'
    about the Christian Science Church's source of funds, is that Christian Scientists know that God, divine Love, is the source of supply, and provides all good to Her children.

    Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, says "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need". [494:10]

    Christian Scientists, individually and collectively, demonstrate this fact on a daily basis.

    regards,

    Verndigger

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I didn't know faith was so lucrative. Geeze, and I've been WORKING for my paychecks all these years.

    Well, I just quit my job and now I'll be experiencing God's divine love for 40 hours a week. I have to say though, the benefit package sucks. You don't even get X-mas off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...