Monday, September 3, 2007

Where it's at.

I can't say it enough...three day weekends are where it's at and you don't even need two turntables and a microphone. That extra day allows for so much more fun.

This morning Becky and I met for breakfast, some catching up and some knitting. She recently got back from a trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland/Scotland so we had a lot to catch up on. We went to The Biscuit (formerly known as Toscanini's) and had some excellent savory scones and iced chai. We ate twin breakfasts.

Becky abides by her own gift giving rules, which she assures us is mostly due to her upbringing of get-around-to-it-when-the-time-and-circumstances-are-right gift giving. After Paul and I got married, she gave me the book No Sheep for You with the promise that when she found the right gift for Paul, she would give it to him. Well, months later that gift has been found. Becky brought Paul back a trio of fancy Scotch Whiskey's from her travels. She did us proud and we commend her for her individualized approach.




After Becky stopped procrastinating...I mean talking with us...(she needed to go home and finish unpacking her things and cleaning her new apartment), Paul and I headed over to Sam and Arturo's for a Labor Day BBQ.



The boys are chowing down.

Sam and I have recently been introduced to the drink Black and Blue, which is Guinness and Blueberry beer. It is like a Black and Tan, but a bit fruitier.


Sam has the Black and Blue pouring skills.

We are so glad that they picked Boston to make their home. We have already had so many great meals and fun experiences together and I am sure there will be many more to come.

THRILLER!

As I was typing this, I saw a story on CNN which prompted me to look up the following video. Let me set it up a bit for you. It is a video of prisoners from a jail in the Philippines performing Thriller. The prisoners have all been convicted of serious crimes and are required to participate in dancing as part of their daily routines. Apparently, since they started dancing the incidences of violent crimes in the prison have stopped. I wish that everyone was required to dance as part of their daily requirements. Wouldn't it be awesome if people all over the world stopped what they were doing and performed a simultaneous dance routine?!?! It would be like a real life musical.

Click to play the video. Did I mention that it includes a transvestite with a receding hairline as the damsel in distress? Like you needed any more reasons to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...