Sunday, July 1, 2007

Hometown Tourists

The tourists are out in full force this time of the year. It is great to live in a town where there is so much to do and see that people from all over the world come to visit. It is a privilege to be close enough to walk or ride the subway to all sorts of things worth getting on an airplane to see. Even though I have lived here for 4 years, I haven't seen many of the major attractions. I've been chipping away at the city's offering over the past 4 years but this summer, I am seeking to make a big dent in what Boston has to offer. Paul joined me this weekend for a plethora of hometown tourism.

On Friday night we went to the Museum of Science. They have a knitted brain there!! I had no idea that they housed one, although I did know that they existed (I think I read about it on the internet somewhere...). It was really beautiful. My only wish was that it wasn't housed in a case because I really wanted to touch it.



Then, later that night, we got together with Sam and Arturo because, as of Friday night...THEY LIVE HERE! Welcome, welcome, welcome. We're glad to have you a hop, skip and a jump away. Any of you other Minnesotans going to follow their lead? Red Rover, Red Rover, send more friends right over!!

On Saturday we fought off a major case of the lazies in order to visit the New England Aquarium. There were many beautiful and quirky creatures to look at. I didn't even bother taking photos because I knew they wouldn't do the creatures justice. I did wish I could have captured some of the colors of the jellyfish. There were some seriously inspiring color combinations going on at the aquarium.

Today (Sunday) we drove north, almost to New Hampshire, to get a disc golf fix. It was a pretty tightly packed course with minimal obstacles but Paul did manage to lose a long range driver trying to complete the required crossing of a pond on the 16th hole. RIP Leopard Long Range Driver.

2 comments:

  1. I was robbed. The wind has a vendetta against me. If its a war you want mister wind, then its a war you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitted brains are wierd. I can't believe they even do that. How strange to even think of it. Say "Hi" to Arturo for me. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...