Friday, March 19, 2010

Long Way Home - St. Patty's Day Edition



When I left work on Wednesday, I saw the bus pull away as I was stuck across the street from the stop. At the same time, it dawned on me how beautiful the weather was and how I was just starting my spring break weekend. All of those events combined prompted me to forego my usual bus-train-walk commute in favor of what turned out to be a 1.5 mile walk to the train, then taking the train a few stops and walking another .8 miles home. The walk felt really good, there were lots of people out celebrating St. Partick's Day and the weather was invigorating. I saw a lot of interesting sights along the way. Above is a view of downtown Minneapolis with the Weisman Museum in the left foreground and the Washington Ave bridge in the right foreground.



The shiny, shiny Weisman building from the pedestrian bridge.



Some appropriately green graffiti.


train conductor



And, after the long walk home, we cracked open this bottle of wine and squeezed in a little lime. I sipped my wine and knitted on the porch while Paul made an inspired dinner including vegetarian meatballs, my dad's homemade BBQ sauce, peppers, onion and garlic all atop a frozen pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...