Friday, March 5, 2010

Rowan Exhibit - Opening Night

Project 365: Day 336



Tonight was opening night of the Rowan 30th Anniversary Handknitting Exhibit at the Textile Center of Minnesota. Nancy Kleiber, of Westminster Fibers, was there to give a presentation. There were many garments on display and publications scattered around for perusal.



In addition to the garments that were part of with the exhibit, there were also Rowan sweaters being proudly worn by many of the knitters in attendance.


One interesting tidbit I learned from the presentation was that Kate Moss modeled for one of the Rowan magazines when she was 16! Apparently that issue is worth a pretty penny.

1 comment:

  1. Oh NO! I was sick and couldn't make it. I'm sorry that I missed it and didn't let you know!!!! Next 30th anniversary presentation I promise to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...