Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break

Project 365: Day 349



Everything about today was awesome. I treated myself to a vacation day today and when I pair that with the spring break day my work gives tomorrow, I have a 4-day spring break weekend! The day started off with a hog pile in the bed. After everyone soaked up their snuggles, I was left to read my book for an hour or so before getting up to make breakfast.

Mother Nature was quite cooperative and provided me with an awesome day for being outdoors. Paul and I got a lot done including some yard work, prepping the bikes for the season, getting the grill up and running, organizing the garage, talking about our vegetable garden plans and setting out lawn furniture.



As long as the furniture was out, why not sit in it and enjoy a beer? I sat in the chair knitting for long enough that I think I may have gotten a little bit of a sunburn! In March! Amazing.



And, as long as the grill was ready, why not use it? Paul grilled an awesome dinner of steak (for him), portobella burger (for me), grilled veggies and garlic mashed potatoes.

All in all, it was an excellent use of a vacation day. And, I still have 3 more days off! Vacations and sun are both very good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...