Saturday, August 28, 2010

Unscheduled Saturday

With my new job, my days have been very busy and tiring. I am really liking the new job, but there is a lot to learn. The result is that I haven't had a lot of time or energy to get things done around the house. If you add all that to the fact that I was planned up and out of town for most of last weekend and you get a long to-do list. Luckily I was able to have a whole day without any obligations to work on some stuff I have been wanting to do. (Like blog!)


I started the day out with a lovely veggie scramble breakfast (made by Chef Paul) and consumed on the deck. Then, Paul and Tchazo went off to run errands and go to the dog park. Jack stayed back to be my shadow.

I picked a big bowl of tomatoes.

Then, I slow roasted them for half of the day. I followed these directions and turned my oven on to 250 degrees. They are coated in olive oil and have basil, parsley and salt sprinkled on top.

The result is mighty tasty. I am going to freeze this batch even though I am really tempted to make everything on the list at the end of the recipe.

Next, I worked on putting some of our monstrous basil to use. I made 3 batches of walnut pesto and put it in the freezer.

I did save a little out for a modified caprese salad, though. Summer makes for such good eating.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...