Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Neverending Sleeve

I've been holding off on posting because I wanted to finish the purple sweater and post a whole bunch of finished projects. But the sweater just keeps going on and on and on. Not the whole sweater so much as the last sleeve. I am a few inches away so it won't be long until I can post that too. In the meantime, I have finished a few things.

Before felting...
After felting...
Felted (Fulled) Mittens - Nancy Lindberg pattern
Brown Sheep - Nature Spun Yarn


Felted Bowl
Araucania - Nature Wool Chunky
Doesn't this bowl needs some beads on it?! Some springy spans of beads...or maybe loopy strands...or maybe sporadically placed beads here and there. I guess this doesn't qualify as completely finished yet. I am using it until I can decide what to do with the beads. I had originally planned to do some needle felting on the sides but that idea has fallen away for the moment.

Maybe the reason I have beads on the brain is because I went bead shopping in Minneapolis and got all of these fantastic beads. I had also placed a big order from Fire Mountain Gems before I left on the trip. The box was waiting when I got home. If only I had more time in the day...

There is always something on my to-do list that doesn't get done. Speaking of which, if you hear me coming a mile away, it is because one of the things on my to-do list (fix hole in muffler) has been being continually sacrificed for the sake of all of the other to-do list items.

One of the things on my to-do list includes getting yarn and deciding on a pattern for Sockapalooza 4. The pairing has been assigned and I found out that my recipient is a somewhat big-footed male....I better get started! I am thinking of hand-dyed yarn in something grey, blue, and brown. I'm looking forward to scouring a few yarn stores this weekend to see if I can find yarn that matches the vision in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...