Monday, May 28, 2007

I Heart Three-Day Weekends!

Three day weekends are the greatest! If all weekends were 3-day weekends, our country would be a happier place. For now, I'll just cherish the rare holidays that create those blissful extended weekends. How to celebrate a long weekend of beautiful summer weather? Take that knitting and get outside! That, I did.

As you saw in my last post, I've been working on the lining for a wool hat. Since I can't wear wool directly against my skin but wanted to use the luscious Malabrigo yarn, I needed to put a layer of cotton between the hat and my skin. I used my favorite stretchy cotton yarn: Cascade Fixation. I'm not going to attach them so that I can wear the liner hat separate on the less chilly days. I'll be happy to see these when it gets cold again.

Yarn: Malabrigo (used only 1/2 skein)
Color: Col China
Pattern: Hats that Fit by Nancy Lindberg
Variations: Folded Ribbed Cuff and Square Shaping



Yarn: Cascade Yarns - Fixation
Color: 9385
Pattern: Hats that Fit by Nancy Lindberg
Variations: Ribbed Cuff and Square Shaping

I have taken my Fleece Artist yarn out of time-out and have started another sock with it. I finally settled on a pattern from Sensational Socks but only after multiple failed attempts to make a Monkey sock and a failed attempt at a Jaywalker sock. My gauge just didn't want to cooperate. So far so good with the Sensational Socks pattern.

Paul and I went to the park today to enjoy the sunshine and get some work done on our respective projects.

Me on my sock:



Paul on his computer stuff:


All in all, it was a splendid way to end a splendid weekend.

1 comment:

  1. hey lady! i LOVE the hat(s)! very nice work and way to go getting something finished before winter...it's a novel idea that i hope to also realize someday ;)

    *a

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...