Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dog Days

New England is in the middle of a heat wave. It is so hot that strange things are happening at our house.

Strange thing number one:
Jack can be found trying to find a cooler spot by wedging his 35 pound body places where it doesn't easily go. Such as underneath every piece of furniture in the house. Here are a few examples:

Jack under couch.



Jack under futon.


When the dogs are not found lying underneath furniture, they are found reenacting civil war battle scenes with their dead dog bodies flopped on the floor and a look in their eyes that says, "Have mercy on me, please!" I've been feeding them ice cubes as a peace keeping action.

Strange thing number two:
I can't get my wedding ring off of my finger. This may not seem strange to you wedding ring wearing, married folk, but this is the first time this has happened to me. My finger is all swollen because of the merciless heat and humidity which makes an already tight fitting ring very stuck on my finger.

Strange thing number three:
I have nearly become a shut-in over the last few days. I've been totally content being at home with the shades drawn until the sun goes down...or the dogs need to go on a walk...or I need to walk to the mailbox...or the garden needs watering... Ok, I haven't been a total shut-in but spending this much time at home is not like me especially when I have a long list of fun things I want to do this summer. For now, I will be sitting in front of a fan, eating freeze pops and fudgesicles, working on whatever suits my fancy and making plans for the more habitable summer days to come.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Jack under the couch is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...